Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The season of mists and mellow fruitfulness




























































































We had forgotten how beautiful autumn can be. The mountains are ablaze in color. Lucas is especially enjoying the grapevines in our backyard. We have canned peaches, tomatoes, and applesauce thanks to our industrious mothers and their gardens.

Jonathan and Lucas are taking a music class. Jonathan is thrilled with the ukelele he got to take home this week.

Jonathan's preschool went on a fabulous field trip to South Ridge Farms. Lucas and cousins Brooklyn and Liam and Aunt Ashlie joined us. We went on a hayride to the pumpkin patch. Lucas thought the pumpkins were the perfect seat. Lucas and Jonathan loved roaming the field of pumpkins. It made me want to be a pumpkin farmer. Then we went back for cider donuts, which made me want to be a baker. Most of all, I was glad to be Jonathan's and Lucas' mom so I could have such a perfectly mellow fall day.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Looks so fun! And I bet it actually FEELS like fall there. We were still over 90 degrees yesterday, so I'm not feeling very fall-ish.

Catie said...

Jaqui, it has been way too long since I've been in contact with you! Your boys are both so precious. Lucas is so big I don't even recognize him! I hope that you continue to have a fabulous fall. We think of you all often. We probably won't be out to Utah before next Christmas ('08) but I'm already planning to come hang out with you all for an afternoon like we did last year if that works for you all?! Thank you so much for your friendship. love, Catie